LaLa Fried BiHun
1 Red onion, thinly sliced
1 Handful of Thai Basil
1 Red Chili cut into half/sliced
3 Cloves of garlic, chopped
150g of Sliced pork belly marinated with shao xing wine, soy sauce, pepper, and corn flour
100g of Fu Zhok Fish Cake
200g of Steamed LaLa
1 packet of Bihun, soaked until it's soften takes around 15-20 minutes
3 tb spoons of Cooking oil
2-3 tbspoons of Soy sauce
2-3 tbspoons of Dark soy sauce
2-3 tbspoons of Oyster sauce
1-2 cups of chicken stock/water
4-5 tbspoons of chopped scallions
1 Red chili, sliced
1 Lime, cut into wedges
(1) Pan fried the sliced pork and fish cake until it's crispy! Set aside.
(2) Heat up the wok until it's sizzling hot before pouring 3 tb spoons of oil.
(3) Put sliced onions into the wok and fried until it's half translucent, add in chopped dry shrimp, fry until you smell it's aroma.
(4) Add in garlic, chili and Thai basil fry until you could smell it's fantastic aroma, add in steamed lala.
(5) Continue frying for around 5 minutes before adding in the Bihun.
(6) Toss the Bihun for 2-3 minutes to allow the merging of flavours.
(7) Add in the sauces, tb spoon by tb spoon and tastes as you go!
(8) Add some chicken stock if you think the Bihun it's too dry for your liking. I used about 150g of it.
(9) Now just topped it up with crispy pork belly and fish cakes and you are done 👍 Om nom nom
Always remember to pour soy sauce at the side of the wok, heat helps in enhancing the flavor.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! ☺️ I would definitely post up more recipes soon cause now I could update directly from my phone WOHOOO
Follow me on Instagram or dayre for daily updates @elengislove