2/3 cups + 2 tbspoons of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 tbspoon of olive oil
1 cup of just boiled water
1/4 cup of white sugar
2 teaspoons or more of cinnamon powder
1) Mix the flour and baking powder.
2) Add in olive oil.
3) Add in water and mix at the same time until you get a warm and sticky dough.
4) Let it rest for about 10minutes and heat up 2-3 cups of vegetable oil for deep frying purpose.
5) Mix ingredient B well and set aside
6) Heat the oil in a smallish saucepan. It should come up about a third up the sides of the pan.
7) When you think it's hot enough, get a small piece of dough and drop it in.
8) It should take about 1 minute to be golden brown.
(9) Fill the dough in a pipping pan with a large star shaped nozzle.
(10) Squeeze approximate 3 inches of dough into the hot oil snipping them off by using a pair of scissors.
11) Let them out once they turn in a rich golden brown colour put it on a bowl lined with paper towel to absorb extra oil and allow them to sit for 5-10 minutes to allow them to set inside.
12) Toss them in cinnamon sugar and you are ready to serve!
I just melt some chocolate truffle I have at home for the chocolate dip! You could just serve it with Nutella, which it's more delicious in my opinion. Hehe One can never have enough of Nutella. Am I right?
Have fun cooking everyone x